St Fintan’s, Drumcar

There is a service in St Fintan’s Church, Drumcar  every second Sunday at 4.00 pm.  All Welcome.

Drumcar Church

 

Saint Fintan’s church, located in the village of Drumcar, was built in 1845 within the grounds of an earlier ruined church, indicating that this site has been in continuous religious use for centuries. The church was commissioned by John McClintock and is based on John Henry Newman’s church at Littlemore near Oxford. The varied construction of the stone walling of the chancel and nave indicates that the chancel was a later addition, which was designed by Slater and Carpenter in 1868, who designed the McClintock family mausoleum in the graveyard.

 

Photos of St Fintan’s Drumcar

History of St Fintan’s Drumcar