There is a service in St Fintan’s Church, Drumcar every second Sunday at 4.00 pm. All Welcome.
Saint Fintan’s church, located in the village of Drumcar, was built in 1845 within the grounds of an earlier ruined church, indicating that this site has been in continuous religious use for centuries. The church was commissioned by John McClintock and is based on John Henry Newman’s church at Littlemore near Oxford. The varied construction of the stone walling of the chancel and nave indicates that the chancel was a later addition, which was designed by Slater and Carpenter in 1868, who designed the McClintock family mausoleum in the graveyard.
History of St Fintan’s Drumcar
- Current Office Bearers and Appointments (Ardee Union of Parishes) – Easter 2017 to Easter 2018
- Parish Profile (Ardee Union of Parishes)
- The old bell in St Mary’s Church of Ireland Ardee
- Bell Tolls after 50 years ( Ardee Union of Parishes)
- The Old Bell St Mary’s Church Of Ireland Ardee.
- An Outline History of the Parish of St. Marys Abbey, Ardee. – Joan S. Kieran
- MEMORIES ON NEW YEAR’S EVE
- Charlstown Grave Yard
- Ardee War Memorial
- Short Video on St Mary’s Abbey