CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
ST PETER’S DROGHEDA, ARDEE AND COLLON UNION, KILSARAN UNION
ST PETER’S DROGHEDA, ARDEE AND COLLON UNION, KILSARAN UNION provides religious, educational and recreational activities and services to children under 18 years of age through a range of local services.
ST PETER’S DROGHEDA, ARDEE AND COLLON UNION, KILSARAN UNION is committed to safeguarding children by working under the guidance of our national safeguarding policy Safeguarding Trust and its associated procedures.
We acknowledge our duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and we are committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice.
Our clergy, volunteers and staff are committed to creating a safe environment for children to grow and develop. The Safeguarding Trust policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or socio-economic background, all children have a positive and enjoyable experience in a safe and child centred environment and are protected from abuse whilst participating in church related activities.
ST PETER’S DROGHEDA, ARDEE AND COLLON UNION, KILSARAN UNION has conducted a specific written risk assessment and child safeguarding statement in line with:
- Children First Act 2015
- Protection for Persons Reporting Child Abuse Act 1998
- National Vetting Bureau Act 2012 and 2016
- Children First Guidance 2017
- Tusla Guidance on Developing a Child Safeguarding Statement.
|The Mandated/Relevant Person for ST PETER’S DROGHEDA, ARDEE AND COLLON UNION and KILSARAN UNION is THE REV’D IAIN JAMIESON|
The written risk assessment indicates the areas of potential harm, the likelihood of harm occurring, and lists the required policy, guidance, process and practice required to alleviate the risks.
In addition to this service/activity risk assessment the following procedures are in place throughout ST PETER’S DROGHEDA, ARDEE AND COLLON UNION, KILSARAN UNION as part of our safeguarding policies and procedures:
- Procedures for managing allegations of abuse or misconduct by clergy, volunteers or staff against a child availing of our services.
- Procedures for the safe recruitment of volunteers or staff to work with children in our services.
- Procedures to access child safeguarding training, including the identification and reporting of harm.
- Procedures for reporting child protection and welfare concerns to Statutory Authorities.
ST PETER’S DROGHEDA, ARDEE AND COLLON UNION, KILSARAN UNION recognises that implementation is an on-going process – we are committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm and the risk of harm.
The Relevant Person for this Child Safeguarding Statement is:
The Rev’d Iain Jamieson
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed in: