We are pleased to announce the reopening of St Peter’s for public worship on 05th July.
It should be emphasised that this is not ‘business as usual’ but will require changes to long-established practices. Please do not attend church if you or a member of your household is experiencing symptoms or recovering from COVID-19 or has been in contact with anyone with symptomsof COVID-19.
Here are some of the new practices:-
Arrival at church
- Services are limited to 50 people
- Parishioners are encouraged to bring their own books.
- Please arrive a little earlier to Services and observe the 2 Metres Social distancing rules.
- Current government and public health authorities advice suggests that face coverings should be used when people are in an enclosed space with others.
- The main doors will be used for Entry, with the side doors used as Exits.
- Please use the provided sanitisers in the porch, whilst maintaining the social distancing queuing system.
- Church Wardens will assist with seating. A maximum of 2 people from the same household (bubble) will be allowed to sit together
- It should be noted that it will not be practical for people to sit in their regular seats/pew. We will operate organised seating on a first-come-first-seated system.
- In order to facilitate Contact Tracing please bringing a note with the name and address of people in your party depositing in a box on arrival.
- The congregation sgould remain seated at the end of the service and Church Wardens will assist with exiting the Church
- We would ask that you also asked to maintain social distancing outside the Church also
A message from Archbishops John McDowell and Michael Jackson as the Church of Ireland launches advice to parishes on returning to in-church worship.